Visiting your gynecologist on a regular basis can be lifesaving. The doctors at Capital Women's Care in Rockville, MD, have some advice to share with you.
Routine Well Woman’s Care
Annual examinations are an essential part of a woman's routine care. It includes:
- early detection, screening, and treatment of various health issues, such as STD's
- Pap smears
- HPV screening
- Bone density scans
- Blood tests
Understanding the variety of contraceptive methods available helps women make better decisions for their health. Your Rockville gynecologists can help you by:
- Providing up to date information on reversible and permanent contraception.
- Telling you about different hormonal methods like birth control pills, patches, rings and intrauterine devices.
- Discussing tubal ligation and tubal occlusion with women who do not want any or any more children.
Evaluation of Uterine Fibroids
Women develop fibroids or myomas in the wall of their uterus. These benign tumors develop over time and a majority of women usually exhibit no symptoms.
Symptoms of fibroids include:
- Heavy bleeding
- Painful menstrual periods
- Difficulty with intercourse
- Pelvic pain
- Pregnancy loss, but this is rare
The doctors can outline the best strategy to deal with fibroids. Some solutions include laparoscopic myomectomy, robotic myomectomy and hysteroscopic resection, or a hysterectomy.
For more information on gynecological care contact your doctors in Rockville, MD at Capital Women's Care - Drs. Eric Ashkin, Aliya Poshni, Leslie Masiky and, the newest member, Dr. Adam Footer.
Dr. Adam Footer is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. The Montgomery County native received his medical degree from the George Washington University School of Medicine and was recently awarded an Excellence in Teaching Award.
To contact our office and schedule your appointment, please call (301) 569-6301 today! Your health is of the utmost importance, so don't wait!