Are you dealing with abdominal pain? Find out what might be to blame.
It can be a bit unnerving to experiencing pelvic pain, particularly out of the blue. While it’s obviously common to deal with it during your period you may feel a bit confused as to what could be bringing it on any other time of the month. From the office of your Montgomery County, MD gynecologists--Dr. Eric Ashkin, Dr. Aliya Poshni and Dr. Leslie Masiky--discover the most common causes of pelvic pain.
Common Reasons for Pelvic Pain
There are so many issues that can cause pelvic pain, from the benign to the serious. Common causes include:
- Bladder problems
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Kidney stones
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Painful ovulation
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD)
- Scar tissue/Abdominal adhesions
When You Should See Our Montgomery County Women’s Doctor
You should call a doctor right away or head to your local ER if you have severe and sudden abdominal pain, as well as if you are noticing vaginal bleeding along with pain.
You should call us to schedule an appointment if:
- Your pain affects your daily life or activities
- You notice pain during intercourse
- Your once pain-less periods are now painful
- You notice blood in the urine or pain when peeing
- Your notice changes to your bowel movements or blood in your stool
While your general doctor may be able to help determine the cause of your symptoms if you are looking for more advanced treatment options for women’s health issues then you will want to turn to our gynecological experts in Montgomery County, MD.
If you are dealing with pelvic pain, we understand that it can be a bit scary. Turn to the OBGYN experts at Capital Women's Health in Montgomery County. We are here to offer up solutions to your abdominal pain.