Finding out you're pregnant is exciting, and the doctors at Capital Women's Care in Rockville and serving the Montgomery County area, know this. That's why they like to set milestones. It's a great way to monitor the health of the mother and baby.
Preconception counseling helps doctors create a comprehensive treatment plan for you and your baby. The Rockville and Montgomery County area doctors will go over your family's medical history to identify risk factors and/or pre-existing medical conditions for your specialized treatment plan. They will also adjust any medications you're already taking, recommend routine tests and provide vitamin supplements prior to conception.
There is a list to complete in order to start out your pregnancy experience smooth sailing:
- A standardized panel of lab work and tests
- Ultrasound exam to confirm pregnancy viability and confirm due date
- Specialized screening tests such as genetic testing.
- Answering any questions you may have about prenatal care
The second trimester involves the following tests and exciting news:
- A 20-week ultrasound, to monitor the baby’s development and a look at the baby’s gender.
- A discussion about prenatal classes and classes on how to care for your newborn.
- Another set of labs including a screen for gestational diabetes that should be conducted between 24 and 28 weeks.
- Registering at the hospital for your delivery and looking into pediatricians if you don’t already have one.
The bundle of joy is on their way and that means more visits to our office. During the third trimester we will:
- Review the precautions you need to take and when to call us with any symptoms or problems.
- Do another routine test of Group B Strep culture.
- Evaluate your cervix as your due date nears.
- Discuss your delivery plans for anesthesia among other concerns you might have.
For more information on Obstetrics and pregnancy care in the Rockville, MD and Montgomery County area call Capital Women's Care at (301) 569-6301